Elelabs Zigbee USB Adapter
Designed for Linux, Windows, and Raspberry Pi
v2. Status: active.
WHAT IS IT?
Elelabs Zigbee USB Adapter is designed for general usage with PCs, laptops or single board computers like Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Odroid, Orange Pi and others. It is based on EFR32MG1 SiLabs chip, which is a 2.4-GHz、IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee microcontroller.
Elelabs Zigbee USB Adapter is preprogrammed with Network CoProcessor firmware and provides USB interface through CP2102N USB-UART bridge. When plugged into a computer it's shown as a Serial Port.
WHY DID WE MAKE IT?
When creating Elelabs Zigbee USB Adapter our goal was to make a USB version of our UART shield for DIY. With an increasing number of Zigbee devices: Philips Hue, Osram, Iris, Ikea Tradfri, Xiaomi Aqara, and others – it is interesting to use these products for Do It Yourself scenarios.
Using Elelabs Zigbee USB Adapter you can directly communicate with these devices, using programming languages like Node.js, Python, and C or using ready to go plugins for different Home Automation platforms.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL?
We tried our best to make the product unique.
In fact, this might be the smallest USB adapter available on the market in 2019.
- 2.4GHz globally recognised frequency
- Zigbee compatible microcontroller EFR32MG1 inside
- Size: 28 x 16 x 8mm
- Rx sensitivity: -99dBm
- Max Tx power: 13dBm
- Visual range communication: 200m
- USB interface with standard NCP commands from Silicon Labs. Easy to use as Serial Port on the Host machine (PC/laptop/single board computers)
- Multiple plugins for openHAB, Home Assistant, Node-RED and other DYI platforms
- C, Node.js and Python libraries to build your own application
HOW TO USE IT?
To quick start using the product:
- 1) Insert the adapter into your Host machine
- 2) Install Node.js on your machine
- 3) Download test Node.js application
- 4) Unzip the archive and enter the directory
- 5) Run `npm install` and wait before packages install
- 6) Run `npm run` and make sure no errors occur
- 7) Open your browser and proceed to your local ip (f.e. `localhost`) to start working with Demo UI
HOW TO USE IT?
A big part of the experience is the "Host" software. That's the software, running on the Raspberry Pi, Linux or Windows PC, which communicates with Elelabs Zigbee USB Adapter and provides you an easy way to operate the devices, create scenes or access your setup remotely.