Elelabs Zigbee Raspberry Pi Shield
Zigbee Shield for Raspberry Pi. Works with Philips Hue, Ikea Tradfri, Xiaomi Aqara, and others.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 3 cm|
WHAT IS IT?
Elelabs Zigbee Raspberry Pi Shield is designed specifically for Raspberry Pi (1,2,3,4). It is based on EFR32MG1 SiLabs chip, which is a 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee microcontroller.
Elelabs Zigbee Raspberry Pi Shield is preprogrammed with Network CoProcessor firmware and provides UART interface to Raspberry Pi to form and manage Zigbee network, as well as communicate with Zigbee devices easily.
WHY DID WE MAKE IT?
When creating Elelabs Zigbee Raspberry Pi Shield our goal was to make an affordable and easy-to-use product for Do-It-Yourself makers and hackers. As nowadays a lot of companies have their Smart Home solutions with Zigbee: Philips Hue, Ikea Tradfri, Xiaomi Aqara, and others.
Using Elelabs Zigbee Raspberry Pi Shield you can directly communicate with these devices, without their default gateway, so you can build your own tailored for your needs application. While you are searching for smart home devices, you can also buy Zigbee USB adapter and many more.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL?
We tried our best to make the product unique:
- 2.4GHz globally recognised frequency
- Zigbee compatible microcontroller EFR32MG1 inside
- Size: 28×18 mm + 10mm RPi header
- Rx sensitivity: -99dBm
- Tx power: 13dBm
- Visual range communication: 200m
- UART interface with standard NCP commands from Silicon Labs
- Multiple plugins for openHAB, Home Assistant, Node-RED and other DYI platforms
- C, Node.js and Python libraries to build your own application
HOW TO USE IT?
To quick start using the product:
- Insert the module into your Raspberry Pi, as shown on the pinout diagram
- Download preconfigured image for your Raspberry
- Unzip archive
- Burn image on your SD card using your favourite tool (for example Etcher)
- Power on your Raspberry Pi
- Find your Raspberry Pi Ip address in your router DHCP Clients list
- Open your browser and proceed to Ip of your Raspberry Pi (f.e. 192.168.xxx.yyy) to start working with Demo UI
A big part of the experience is the “Host” software. That’s the software, running on the Raspberry Pi, which communicates with Elelabs Zigbee Shield and provides you an easy way to operate the devices, create scenes or access your setup remotely.
Raspbian based image for Raspberry Pi with Zigbee Demo UI preinstalled
C library to work with Elelabs Zigbee Shield
Node.js NPM package to work with Elelabs Zigbee Shield
Python library to work with Elelabs Zigbee Shield